[Sonar] Future of the Sonar fleet

tbrown9163 at comcast.net tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 13 12:40:57 CDT 2009

I came across this recently and thought it was very appropriate for those of us who have influence/responsibility over the future of the Sonar fleet and sailing at WYC  (or anywhere else for that matter) in general and wanted to share it:

http://www.savingsailing.com

In a day where its easier for kids to belong to the 'Nintendo generation',   or turn a throttle for fun,   I believe this adds a good insight.    Two years ago,  WI issued over 350,000 ATV permits.   I wonder how many boat permits there were for sailboats, motor or no motor included.

By the way,  I think our Sonar fleet is one of the most exemplary on this subject that there could be anywhere.   We do very well at fleet #5.

Thomas Brown