[Sonar] A Must Read

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Mon Dec 14 16:12:51 CST 2009

Hi All,

I want to share an article with you that was published in the
December 14, 2009 edition of Sports Illustrated magazine. The
subjects of the article happen to be two Paralympic athletes, one a
sailor and one a swimmer.  This article is a good example of the
saying "putting things in prospective."   Everyday physical ailments,
personal or career set-backs take a back seat to the tough challenges
that some people and their families experience. Here is the link to
the article.

<http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163721/1/index.htm>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1163721/1/index.htm

Nick Scandone.  Nick was the 2005 Rolex Yachtsman of the Year and
2008 Paralympic gold medalist.  Nick and his wife as well as Maureen
McKinnon-Tucker were friends of ours on the Paralympic Regatta
circuit.  When we first met Nick he was walking with a cane.  At the
trials he was in a motorized wheelchair.  Nick was an inspiration to
us all.  Our friend will be missed.

Regards,
Bert

Bert Foster, Skipper