[Sonar] Sailing Rules Seminar January 17th!

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Wed Jan 14 17:15:53 UTC 2009

Hi All,
Carmella and I are attending.  In fact Dave Perry is staying at my
house.  As a result of an email from Fred Sommer (trying to encourage
people to serve as judges) the WYC BOD voted to pay the seminar cost
for the club members who were US Sailing Certified Judges, Fred
Sommer, me, and Bruce Martinson (he's in the Bahamas as a judge at a
Laser regatta), and half the cost for the judges in training, Bob
Carpenter and Jon Peterson.  Bob and I abstained on the vote

On March 21-22 we are having a US Sailing Judges Workshop open to
anyone who wants to take the test and become a certified judge, or
just wants to learn the rules in great depth over 2 days.  This is a
very technical and complex analysis workshop.

After the workshop I will update my overhead slides to be able to
teach the revised rules.  I'm leaving for Florida the end of March
and will return the end of April.

In May I will spend the first two Tuesday evening seminar sessions
teaching the rules with emphasis on the changes.  We may move them to
the Ridgedale Library to hold more than the club.

Is there a need for something else?
I suggest everyone get Dave Perry's new book (order online at US
Sailing on Monday's sale days), study it, and come to the May session
to clear up questions.

Regards,
Bert
Bert Foster, Skipper