[Sonar] Coached team race practice Monday evening 7/27, and non-coached Sunday a.m.

martyfossen at yahoo.com martyfossen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 22:53:46 CDT 2009

Hello Fleet 5,

Blake will be coaching us Monday evening, 6:00 pm.  Ideally, we'll be leaving the docks at 6:00.  Please respond if you're coming, if you're bringing a boat.  Based on numbers, Blake will create a lesson plan for us.

If weather doesn't cooperate, I suspect Blake will talk to us and/or I have an excellent DVD that we can watch.  It's not the same as the one associated with links previously sent.  This DVD is "Teaching Team Racing" by Steve Hunt and Clark Dawson.  Lots of real life video of team racing moves shown along with great explanations.

Also, non-coached practice on for Sunday morning 10:00.  Focused on drills such as "piggy in the middle".   Weather currently looks great for this time slot.  I'll get there early and put out a couple buoys.  Here again, respond if you can come, if you can bring a boat.

Thanks,
MF