[Sonar] Changes to the SIs

Mark Kochendorfer markoch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 18:01:55 CDT 2010

At the fleet captains meeting they went over some changes to the Sailing
Instructions.  I will try to summarize them and if I get something wrong
then Bert please correct me.

There will only be a single starting mark--the gate will go in later.  Does
not affect us I guess.  This should speed things up.

Starting zone.  You cannot pass within 2 boat lengths of committee boat on
port once we are in sequence.

There is a 4 boat length zone around S mark. You can't yell starboard at
people rounding the S mark.  You  do not have rights!

If time expires for a race, boats that do not finish will score 1 point more
than last boat to finish.

Arbitration. You immediately call an arbitrator when you file your protest.
 The numbers will be posted by the protest box.  The arbitrator will arrange
to hear your protest and then you go find the protested boat and tell them
the time.

ADA is in the afternoons only this year--no 10am starts.  If you can
generate $500 in donations that gets you free registration.

Miscellaneous stuff

Our dues are not supporting the sailing school.  Revenues from new docks are
used for this.

No waiting list for new racing sailboats.

Get a radio, please, if you do not have one.  Don't waste gas chasing the
race committee boat to get participation points.

Crew can sail 3 times w/o owner on board.

Pay dues and mooring fees a week before 1st race.

Carry a copy of the racing rules of Sailing.

This is our club--that means our responsibility.

Don't let people drive drunk.  We have insurance sure, but that won't really
keep this from being a major problem for the club.

Good relations with the neighbors is a top priority.  Noise - quiet after
10pm.  Radios on the boat in the marina are a really bad idea.  No cars in
front of houses ever.  Use the shuttle.

Mark

--
Mark