[Sonar] Insurance?

Mark Kochendorfer markoch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 07:39:37 CDT 2010

Ken

My insurance company would not insure me except with a "yacht" policy.  So I
bought insurance from BoatUS <http://www.boatus.com/insurance/> instead.

The price seems fair and when my mast broke they replaced it.  They are
aware of the fact that we race.

You can get a quote on line from them using the link above.

Mark

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Ken Stieers <kstieers at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> So, for those that didn't hear the details of Tom's announcement, I'm the
> new Sonar owner, #137, though I don't have any sails with that number (long
> story...)
>
> I have some questions about insurance, since when I called my agent and
> mentioned racing and the possiblity that others might drive the boat they
> got all squirrely...
>
> SO:
> What's required by the club?
> Who carries the right coverage(s)?
> Beyond the bare minimums like personal liability and property damage,
> what's worth getting and what's not?
>
> Thanks for any advice you can give!
>
> Ken

Mark