[Sonar] The final report (I hope)

Ernest Brody epbrody at earthlink.net
Wed May 5 15:39:24 CDT 2010

After the fainting spell and trip to the ER on Saturday night, I scheduled a
stress echocardiogram for Tuesday morning.  During that I had tachycardia
(my heart rate shot up but is not life threatening) and the cardiologist was
concerned about the wall of my heart.  So he wanted an MRI but before that
he wanted to see if there was plaque buildup in my heart and in my arteries.
So Tuesday noon I had a CT scan and angioCT scan of my heart.  One
procedure, once without a contrasting dye and one with.  They found little
or no plaque buildup in my heart.  I was to have an MRI immediately
afterwards but got bumped so it waited until today, Wednesday.  They found
that the right side of my heart is a little enlarged which could be related
to smoking (I don't) or sleep apnea (I've taken care of that).  The left
side of my heart is fine.

So the result is that my heart remains healthy.  I don't have to take
prescription drugs.  I should drink plenty of water to keep hydrated so I
don't faint.  I have been poked, prodded, listened to, blood pressured and
IV'd enough to last a long time.

Thank you all for your concern, e-mails, and good wishes.  Thanks again to
those who acted quickly to get me immediate medical help.

Ernest