[Sonar] Recognition

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Wed Nov 3 10:52:13 CDT 2010

Yes, for the off-shore Sonar fleet.

  _____

From: sonar-bounces at lists.wyc.org [mailto:sonar-bounces at lists.wyc.org] On
Behalf Of dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:27 AM
Cc: List,Sonar
Subject: Re: [Sonar] Recognition

Is there an off-shore division?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Sonar] Recognition
From: tbrown9163 at comcast.net
Date: Wed, November 03, 2010 9:10 am
To: "List, Sonar" <sonar at lists.wyc.org>

As long as we're talking about special recognitions,  I would like to also
suggest special recognition of the under 18 that participate or skipper
within the Sonar fleet.

I still have extra medals from the LOWISA youth regatta which we've given
out before but I'd also or alternatively like to suggest that we create a
page link from the Sonar site that features the names,  photos and a one
line sailing bio.   (I can design and put that together).   I can name the
link  "Outstanding Sonar Fleet #5 Youth".    I think we'd be the only fleet
that would have this.

We have a number of kids who actively crew,   sometimes in pretty tough
conditions  (I'm thinking of Alan's boys in the SOTN Friday and Team Racing
regatta) where they could just as easily be on shore with their friends at
the mall.    I think this is worth some recognition.

Thomas Brown

  _____