[Sonar] Fleet mtg at Graves' splash party 4/22

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 20:35:52 CDT 2011

Hello Fleet 5,

In case you hadn't heard, I'm your new fleet captain.  Sarah Olmstead is now
treasurer.  I asked Howard Noreen to become fleet secretary.  Hopefully many of
you will be able to come to Graves' on 4/22.  I'm taking advantage of the
gathering by calling a fleet meeting at about 7:30.

I'd like to also encourage that some "motions" and "discussion" take place
virtually to get a head start on fleet business, but I'm not sure using
Sonar.list is the best way to do that.  Any suggestions?  Should we add some
kind of forum platform to our fleet web page.  Speaking of which, who's managing
our web page these days?  Could this person offer a tour and some instruction of
our web page and it's features at this meeting?   Should that web page manager
role be another "officer" of the fleet?

The first item to discuss and vote on might be ratifying (if that the right
word?) this new fleet officer slate.
Second item, fleet treasury report.
Third, fleet dues.  Should the amount per boat stay the same?  Perhap we should
review how that money has been used in the past.   Do we want to modify how it's
used going forward?

I also know that one topic for which motions, discussion, and voting is needed
is regarding if the 1st and 2nd commodore cup races are counted any differently
this year since  they happen the same time as the Sonar NAs and the team racing
event.

Other areas of discussion might include:
NAs
B-series party
Team racing,
                    the event in the fall
                     some local intrafleet stuff over the summer, what and when.

Thanks, hopefully see you at Graves'.
Marty Fossen