[Sonar] LOWISA 46

Rob Eby saillowisa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:29:38 CDT 2011

*LOWISA 46 is a few weeks away!  Registration is open online. www.lowisa.org
We’re offering a Mount Gay Rum hat to all skippers who register online in
advance.  Once again due to the generous support of our sponsors we have
been able to keep the registration low this year at $185 for Racing and $125
for Cruising.  **The registration fee includes two tickets to the
Commodore’s Banquet, additional tickets are available at registration along
with LOWISA Clothing and charts for purchase.*

Courses for LOWISA 46, will be posted on the website later this week.

*Saturday July 30th*, on-site registration, race instructions and charts
will be available at the Northern Harbour Boaters’ Club in Northern Harbour.
Help with lifts in and out, will be provided by Gary Hall and his family at
*Northern Harbour*. Be sure to buy your *Morgan Fuels* gas and diesel fuel
and *Arctic Glacier* ice from Gary. Once again we will be offering a seminar
which will provide local knowledge on navigating Lake of the Woods along
with tips for having a successful week on the lake. The seminar will be held
in the Northern Harbour Boaters’ Club on Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. Those
who are new to the lake will find it interesting and valuable. The Skippers’
meeting, Sailors Social, and dinner will follow starting at 6:00pm.

Welcome to our newest sponsor Diva Lingerie, in the Grant Park Mall in
Winnipeg.  As part of the sponsorship *Diva Lingerie will be providing a
special gift to all lady helmsman's that participate in the layover day
race.*  With a special gift basket for the first place lady helmsman.  To be
eligible you need to have one female participant on board who helms the boat
from start to finish.

Him we have a couple people looking to crew. Katie Keifer who has
participated in many LOWISA’s and can be reached at kiefer at westelev.com.  Saul
Henteleff an avid dinghy sailor (currently Lazer, and years ago Flying
Juniors and F. Dutchman) and can be reached at lanark at mymts.net.