[Sonar] Some other events later on that some of us are planning on

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:42:33 CST 2012

Wed January 23,   World Cup ski jumping.

If you feel up to it, we climb the hill up by where the ramp launch point
is.   If you haven't done that before...ya gotta do it!

http://www.minneapolisskiclub.com/jumping/

No...we won't make you jump!   Ok...maybe we'll make Chuck jump  :)

There are about half a dozen going so far (not all Sonar people)   We're
going over to Redstone afterwards.    There's no signup for this but
there's small admission fee  (seems like it was $5 last time)

The other one is the City of Lakes Loppet Luminary Loppet on Feb 2.

http://www.loppet.org/events/cityoflakesloppet/loppet-events/luminary-loppet/

This one will probably fill up now that there's snow so its the main reason
why I'm sending this email out now.   I think they cap it at 10,000....its
a big event and easy to get lost at.  If you haven't done it...this is
another thing to do here in the winter that sets the TC really apart from
anywhere else in the US.   They put snow down on the street on Hennepin
Ave. this year and when you're done with the ski on the lake (Calhoun and
Lake of the Isles),  you can ski over to an uptown watering hole on the
street...no walking needed.

We have about 10 so far going on that...about half are Sonar people.   This
one you have to sign up for.   You don't need skis but its better if you do.

Thomas Brown