[Sonar] Seeking suggestions for improving SCA website

Martin Fossen martyfossen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 14:52:31 CST 2012

Hey Fleet 5,

Earlier today I chatted a bit with Bill Simon, who is cc'd above.  Bill races on Manhasset Bay and is a VP International of the Sonar Class Association.  He is in the process of rebuilding the Sonar Class Association website (Sonar.org)  Bill would welcome any input you care to offer about the website - what you might like and dislike about the website in it's current form, what you think could be added or changed to make it better.  Please drop Bill a note.

I told Bill about our fleet, our race program, our club, our lake.  In one form or another that information might get added to the Sonar.org site.  One possible approach is for our fleet page within the WYC.org to simply get a link in the revamped Sonar.org.  Being one of the avid team racers of our fleet, I asked to see more news and information about Sonar team racing on the new Sonar.org.

Please support the SCA by renewing or getting your membership.  That support does ultimately make our boats more valuable as well as make our racing experiences better even though we're so far away from the numerous Sonar fleets of the East coast.

By the way, I and a few others are seriously considering doing the trip to Rochester NY again for the NAs.  It's only about a 14 hour drive.  I can't help but wonder if we'll be able to see a number of Minnesota and Canada boats make the trip and represent strongly the our club and midwest Sonar racing.

Finally, I think our team for the Texas Shoot out is still a couple short.  This event takes place March 24-25 on Galveston Bay.  It's a great time.  If you're at all interested in going, please let Hans know.

Thanks, Marty