[Sonar] Kattack

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Thu Jun 28 13:15:50 CDT 2012

Hey Sailors!

I'm looking at Kattack from last Thursday night, and there must have been a
bunch of "ghost" boats out there.  You must need special 3-d glasses to see
them.

According to the Race Results, there were 20 Sonars on the course, but
apparently only 10 ran Kattack.

There were 23 Capris, but only FIVE show up on the Kattack screen.

I get a lot out of watching Kattack after the race.  I can see where we go
the wrong way, I can compare our boat speed to others.

Last Thursday after the race, I was watching Kattack at the yacht club with
some Capri sailors.  It was not very satisfying with so many boats missing
from the screen.

Let's get it done tonight!  (I know it's the Rumble.  See note to PETE ICE
below.)

It cannot get any easier.  Apps are available for iphone and Android for
only $9.99.  That's all you pay, FOREVER.  Go get it now.  Just remember to
turn it on before the race.  No GPS to turn in and forget to pick up.  The
app does use a lot of battery when it's running, so be sure your phone is
fully charged.

You can get a nice waterproof box for your phone at REI.  Ask me tonight if
you want to see it.  Otherwise, put your phone in a small ziplock bag.
Close it tight.  Put that bag into a bigger ziplock bag.  Close it tight.
Toss it in the lazarette and go race.

Attention Pete Ice:  Be sure you record the exact start and finish time of
each race so the race committee can create the race on the computer.

Carmella Foster

Call me for free on Skype: carmella.foster.mn