[Sonar] Brian Hayes Clinic Get Your Boat in the Water This Will Be Terrific

Bert Foster Bert at apexq.com
Wed Apr 17 21:07:59 CDT 2013

Hi J22 Fleet, J24 fleet, Sonar Fleet, Capri 25 fleet,

I personally am very excited about bringing in Bryan Hayes (Bryan was one of the coaches To Our Team Captain Hook) for a clinic for the competitive WYC one design fleet's, and have put the schedule out Thorn and all the other fleet captains involved several times. I find it hard to believe that people are still questioning the schedule.  I'm, also, excited about bringing in Andrew Kerr in 2014 and Betsy Allison in 2015.

Here is the schedule for the free clinic:

WYC On the Water Clinic by Brian Hayes of Northsails

Friday Evening May 3, Saturday, May 4, Sunday, May 5

For the J-22, J-24, Capri-24, and Sonar Fleets

5:00 PM Friday:

The 4 fleets above are invited to the WYC for beer and pizza, and to hear Brian Hayes give a clinic on sail shape and trim.

8 AM Saturday:

This is not part of the Brian Hayes clinic.  On the Water Training Program begins with Continental breakfast.  The Sonars and Capri 25’s are needed to take the WYC guests on the water for the training about 9 o’clock for Ernie to assign guests to your boat.

9:30 AM Saturday:

J 22 and J 24 fleets arrive for organizing clinic with Brian in the clubhouse. They go on the water where Brian will have a coach boat driver and video camera operator for the drills he wants you to do. As a fleet you can choose to stay on the water all day, eating your lunch on the water, or you can choose to come in at 12:30 PM and enjoy the grilled lunch  the WYC is serving to the guests with beer and wine.

4 PM Saturday:

The J 22 and J 24 fleets will come off the water into the clubhouse for a debrief with the videos for the day, and each attendee will receive a DVD of the videos of that day and Brian’s comments on the water.

6 PM Saturday:

Sonars Capri 25 fleet’s arrive at the clubhouse for a light supper and beer, and to hear Bryan set up the drills for Sunday morning, and to socialize. The J boats can stay provided they are quiet so that the seminar Briyn gives can be heard by the other fleets.

9 AM Sunday:

The Sonars and Capri 25’s for the same drills described above for the J boats

12 PM Sunday:

The Sonars Capri 25’s, off the water for a debrief with Brian, bring your own lunch.

1:30 PM Sunday:

The Sonars Capri 25’s go out for the Tune-up Race. We are contemplating having Bryan in a coach boat with a video camera operator taking video during the race and coaching people on the water as to sail shape and trim.

5 PM Sunday:

Bert and Carmella will take Brian to the airport to catch a 7 o’clock plane home.

Again, make every effort to get your boat in the water for this event. If you are unable to get your boat in the water, come to the clinic anyway and we will make every effort possible to get you on a boat run the coach boat with Bryan so you have a chance to improve your sailboat racing skills.

Feel free to call me at any time. As many of you know, I'm retired and work on these projects almost all the time.

Regards,

Bert

Bert Foster

19150 Park Ave