[Sonar] [Capri25] [J22-Fleet 1] A & E scow crew opportunity

John Speltz johnspeltz at comcast.net
Fri Apr 19 09:31:55 CDT 2013

Like anybody thought it wasn't ...

-----Original Message-----
From: capri25-bounces at lists.wyc.org [mailto:capri25-bounces at lists.wyc.org] On Behalf Of Jason Ostbye
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 7:37 PM
To: kathryn erickson
Cc: Sonar List Server; WYC J22 List Server; Howard Noreen; WYC Capri List Server; j24 at lists.wyc.org; Rob Evans; Brad Robinson; Terry Foster
Subject: Re: [Capri25] [J22-Fleet 1] A & E scow crew opportunity

Hi Kathryn,

If you are asking if the "crew list", or whatever it will be called, is open to women, the answer is absolutely yes.

Thanks,

Jason

On Apr 18, 2013, at 7:03 PM, "kathryn erickson" <twilite77 at hotmail.com<mailto:twilite77 at hotmail.com>> wrote:

Would this be open to women as well?

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 18, 2013, at 4:51 PM, "Bert Foster" <Bert at apexq.com<mailto:Bert at apexq.com>> wrote:

Hi Rob,

Jason Ostbye is setting up a crew mentoring program for the MYC for skippers like yourself willing to train someone. We probably have 50 to 75 people at WYC who would love to crew on a Scow. Jonathan is developing some software so that we can have Wayzata members sign up online, and MYC skippers will also become $45 crew members of WYC can go in and get a look at these people's credentials. Jonathan is then setting up a texting system so that on a heavy air day a scow sailor could text a group of WYC crew people to see who might be available to crew that day in the heavy air. This system will also work for MCs and C Scows who need additional weight on heavier day. I fully understand that now you have Terry foster to pull main at 150 pounds you need some big guys. Terry also knows a lot of the good crew a WYC.

Suggest you contact Jason and volunteer to be one of his “MYC Mentor Skippers".

Regards,

Bert