[Sonar] Happy Holidays to Our Sailing Frineds

Gail Klein gail.l.klein at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 21:41:11 CST 2013

Greetings,
Stephen and I are delighted to have moved down to our new Naples, Florida place for the the season.  Please note in your address book and contacts, our new address.

Gail Klein and Stephen Reid
5020 Marina Cove Drive #203Naples. Fl 34112

We arrived down the end of October, and the weather has been delightful ever since. It has been in the mid eighties during the day and low seventies at night. No complaining here, and will never miss a snow shovel, or ice storms.

We have been busy trying to make this place our own, giving it the decorative touches we want, and learning how to live with "less things". We definitely spend more time outside and enjoying the weather and mild climate. We have been riding out bikes most mornings for about 30-40 minutes through our neighborhood "Windstar, on Naples Bay". We have been taking tennis lessons and really have enjoyed that, and hope to get up to speed to play in the round robins and leagues during the weekday mornings.
Windstar has a health club, and clubhouse and a Tom Fazio designed golf course. We are lucky  to also have a club pontoon that takes us out to "Keywadin" Island and sunset cruises on Naples Bay. Keywadin is a pristine barrier island, practically uninhabited. We go shelling and surf fishing there besides just enjoying the beach.  Windstar has plenty of social activities, and we are meeting wonderful people down here.

We had a great time last weekend, going to the local nursery and finding exotic tropical plants to place on on lanai. So many cool plants here to get to know. Something is always flowering. We live a block away from the Naples Botanical Garden, and have been there a number of times, doing some photography, Yoga in the Garden, and to the plant sale. I took a butterfly gardening class last week. I hope to volunteer there soon, once I am a bit more settled.

Stephen has been fishing regularly and has been on several trips with the Windstar Fishing Club. He went to Venice, LA to fish for redfish on the Bayou, and will be going to the Key West area the first week in December. He caught his first Pompano last week and it was delightful to actually have the fish he caught for dinner. There is no lack of fresh seafood meals down here.

We are thankful this time of year for all our friends and family, and hope to keep in touch with you all.We haven't been so good keeping in touch with you as often as we should, as we have been so busy readying for the move. We have several guest rooms so if you need to get away this winter, give us a call. We are also thankful for all the great natural beauty down here, which help deal with the stress of moving and launching young adults.

May much peace fill your soul this season.

Happy Holidays,
Gail and Stephen