[Sonar] Fw: [Capri25] race coaches

Carmen "CC" Velarde navytartan at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 17 09:49:46 CDT 2013

FYI - Any volunteers???

--- On Sun, 6/16/13, walter rush <walterrushiv at gmail.com> wrote:

From: walter rush <walterrushiv at gmail.com>
Subject: [Capri25] race coaches
To: capri25 at lists.wyc.org
Date: Sunday, June 16, 2013, 9:02 PM

Hello Capri 25 fleet

I sail the J/27 in the PHRF fleet.  I am also the race commodore at Shorewood Yacht Club.  We have a race on June 30, a date when there is no WYC race, and I would like a few experienced racers to come over and be race coaches on some of our member's boats.

The SYC race program is not very competitive.  I am hoping to drum up interest by making events more educational.  One of the best things about racing for me is how I have learned to have better control over my boat.  I would anticipate that SYC members would be interested in learning techniques to sail faster and less interested in racing rules.

Skippers meeting is at 11:30AM on June 30.  Races are usually done a little after 1PM.  Please contact me directly if interested.  Thanks for reading this far.

Walter Rush
walterrushiv at gmail.com
612 508 2771