[Sonar] PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ!! - Sonar 462 for Sale

J.R. johnrainaldi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:49:59 CDT 2014

Hi all...  ---- PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ!!
I could not attache pictures ... so email me if you want to see them or you
can check them out at the using this link
462 -
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9rdz15Urh-vdkVaVHB5eUc2NlU&usp=sharing

To bring everyone up to speed....
two days ago 462 went up for sale for $9,300
(it is owned by our Canadian friends)
 Below is a summary of information on the boat from a series of
communications I have had with Stewart...

Sounds like the boat will not last long on the market.  (like days)
If no one immediately steps up some people have suggested we put together a
syndicate and purchase the boat for resale at WYC as we have done in the
past.

PLEASE give your input as many have will be at the club tonight, Saturday
and Sunday... lets try to have some discussion in person.

Below is parts of emails from Stewart....

(6/5am)
There are no issues with this Sonar. It is owned by Blair Magnus. We sailed
this Sonar competitively in Manitoba and brought it to Wayzata 2 or 3
times. Blair is too busy with his young children and we have not race it
for the past couple of years. So we figured to sell it and perhaps purchase
another in the future when we both have more time. We think is has been
priced competitively.
Comes with a couple of sets of sails and trailer is in good shape.

(6/5pm)
Hi JR,
to keep you posted and to give you some urgency in discussing with others
at the club, we have two seemingly serious esquires both further east of
you.  One will be a club purchase and the fellow will have to prepare a
presentation for their board so I don't want him to go to that much trouble
if you guys would like to get it back into your fleet.

(6/6 1:45) - I only included a few photos If anyone wants to see more let
me know
Here are some photos I was able to take some photos last evening of the
Sonar 23. The boat is parked under some trees so it needs a good 20 minutes
at a truck or car wash with a pressure washer for the top and cockpit area.
 I am attaching a bunch of photos of the trailer, hull and bottom.  The
white parts of the bottom are where we have cleaned off the VC17 down to
the original gel coat.  We normally pressure washed coming out of the water
and then would sand with 600 grit before reapplying the VC 17 each year.

​​Sails.  I meant to take photos but they are in another dry location.
 There was the set that came with the boat.  We purchased another jib and
main about 3 years ago and a brand new spinnaker in the beginning of the
last year that we sailed it.