[Sonar] Draft/Proposed Fleet Special Rules

Ken Stieers kstieers at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 14:20:03 CDT 2014

Here's a doc version of those rules.. They formated funny when I mailed it.

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 2:17 PM, Ken Stieers <kstieers at yahoo.com> wrote:

Here is the draft of the fleet special rules.
We hashed most of this out at the last fleet meeting at Berts...
Send me any comments/concerns and I'll note them so we can discuss on 4/4

WYC Sonar Fleet 5 - Fleet Special RulesAll Sonar Class Rules are in
effect for all races governed by the WYC Sailing Instructions, except as
modified below:
Scoring
rulesLonar:Lonar will
be held the Saturday of the 3rd Big Island Race.  If the race can’t be held that weekend
due to
weather, the backup date is the 4th Big Island Race.   In
exigent circumstances, this could be rescheduled.  Whichever race the Lonar is raced in place of will
not be scored. This modifies RRS 90.3a
National/International
regattas:Any BOAT
that travels to a National/International regatta (NA’s, Worlds, NOOD, etc.)
will be scored for the WYC series races it misses that are held for the
duration of the regatta in question, plus WYC races held 2 days before and 2
days after that regatta.  The place
scored will be the average that the boat earns in for the all of the races for
the series in question.   This modifies
RRS A2
Charter
Boats:A chartered
BOAT will be scored for club races, not the crew.
One-Day
Rumbles:The Champ
series race that is replaced by the One Day Rumble Regattas will NOT be scored.  This modifies RRS 90.3a.  The winner of the One-Day rumble will be
awarded BOTY points per WYC SI 19.4
Star of the
North:The Champ
series race that takes place the weekend of the Star of the North will not be
scored.  This modifies RRS 90.3a