[Sonar] WYC Needs Boats Tomorrow for "On the Water Training"

Beth Frampton beth.frampton at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:35:04 CDT 2015

We are expecting an excellent turnout for the Saturday On-the-Water
training tomorrow who are coming tomorrow, and are concerned we won't have
enough boats to take amount. If your boat is available, please consider
volunteering as a guest skipper. It is a lot of fun, a great way to find
new crew for your boat,  and you will help WYC recruit new members into our
wonderful sport.

We also need guest instructors tomorrow. Ernie will have guest instructor
hats for those that guest instruct two of the three days.

*Event Details:*

*Schedule:*
8:00 am: Continental Breakfast
8:30 am: Short lecture on the rules that apply to the training drill for
that day.
9:30 am: Crew and guest instructor assignments and the "on the water"
drills begin.
Noon: Lunch and review of the drills at the clubhouse.

*Dates:*
May 2, 2015: Practice luffing, overtaking and mark roundings on a short
course, perpendicular to the wind.
May 9, 2015: Practice starts at 3-minute intervals. More starting practice
than most skippers get in an entire season!
May 16, 2015: See demonstrations of packing and flying a spinnaker, then
participate in the Graduation Cup race around Big Island. Trophy awarded
after the race.

*Questions*: Contact Bert Foster at bert at apexq.com.

Regards,
--