[Sonar] Sonar Snack List -- Choose Your Date!

Carmella Foster carmella at apexq.com
Sat May 7 15:38:30 CDT 2016

Since I need something to do, I am going to jump into something that is not my responsibility, but I am willing to do it, and also propose a change.

As most of you know, Sonar Fleet 5 has a long tradition of offering food to hungry Sonar sailors after Sunday races.  Each Sunday is hosted by a different boat.  Snacks in the
past have been as simple as chips and dip, and as elaborate as chili or hot sandwiches or substantial hors d'oeuvres.   Contributors can include crew as well as boat owners.  Each boat can do it their own way.

The change I am proposing is to provide the list of Sunday dates, and have each boat select a date that works for them, rather than assigning dates.  Please respond with your desired date, or let us know if you do not intend to sail on Sundays.  (In the past, some boats that have not sailed on Sundays still participated in the Sonar snacks program, just because it's a Sonarian thing to do!)  Here are the dates.  We do not need a snack host on Sundays when there is a WYC-sponsored party.  There are only 14 Sundays available for Sonar snacks, and we have more boats than that sailing on Sundays, so this should be an easy list to fill!

May 15
May 22
May 29
June 5
June 12
June 19 - End of the A Series Party, no Sonar snacks required
June 26
July 3 - NO RACE
July 10
July 17
July 24
July 31
August 7 - End of the B Series Party, hosted by the Sonar and Ensign fleets for the whole yacht club
August 14
August 21
August 28 - World Famous C Dock Party
September 4
September 11
September 18 - Star of the North Regatta
September 25 - Fall Regatta, PHRF an MORC fleets serve chili