[Sonar] Scenarios for Nov 4 session with the judging experts

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 12:23:00 CDT 2016

Hi All:

As was indicated in an earlier email, we are having a session with our two
main judging experts on November 4.

We will be fielding scenarios for their discussion.  A couple of them they
already have but we can add a few to discuss if we have time.

What I'd like to focus on are incidents in the past where we have either
lost a protest (and were not clear as to why),  where we should have
protested but didn't and probably most importantly,  how we could have
avoided getting caught up in a protest.

Scenarios should focus on what part 2 rules we should be wary of (difficult
to defend against) as well as those that we should assert by protesting
with a reasonable degree of being successful.

We won't be able to cover everything of course!

I've put one scenario together using a neat software package that allows us
to animate scenarios.    I've virus checked the file:

http://boats.sourceforge.net/

Attached, please find a scenario example that should be able to be run with
the software

If you have other scenarios you'd like to submit to the judges,  please
feel free to do so.   Even better, if you can put it into a boat scenario
software animation, please send it along.

I'll take the scenarios and send them along to the judges so they can pick
which ones they want to discuss during our session.

Thomas Brown