[Sonar] Is our typical M series course too short ???

Terry Foster terry at fostercomputerconsulting.com
Fri Sep 2 09:17:45 CDT 2016

HI everyone,

I agree with targeting an hour race with a few exceptions.

As a general rule, the race committee staff target 50-60 minutes for the fleets.  Understand that’s a target.  Sometime you miss the target.

Exceptions to this rule can be the M series in the bay, especially as we get later in the season and the sunset is earlier and earlier.  Especially when the breeze is light.

One of the worst things to happen is when a longer race is set and the breeze dies and sunset Time Limit Expires most of the fleet.

I will talk to Blake and share your wishes.

Best

Terry Foster
RC Chair