[Sonar] Sonar 370 for Sale

Hans Dickel (Boatboy) hans at boatboy.me
Fri Aug 4 11:20:16 CDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

Sonar USA 370 is for sale.  The boat is a great racing boat as exemplified by our race results between the two skippers and longer-term track record in our very competitive and yet fun fleet.  We are including sails and equipment that are in racing condition.  The boat has been maintained to racing standards.  If you are looking to join the Sonar fleet (or want to upgrade your existing Sonar) or know of someone who might be interested, feel free to share or contact me.  The Sonar is great for fleet racing, team racing, pleasure sailing and taking non-sailors out, single-hand (Lonar), etc.  While designed for racing, it has a comfortable sailing cockpit that can hold quite a few people.

Here is a quick rundown of the boat:

*         Built by Ontario Yachts, with a Sonar Class Association Measurement Certificate issued on 1/24/2004.  It had some re-measurements (and passed) in 2011 for Sonar North Americans.
*         The boat Includes:
o    Tack Tick Micro Compass and Mast Mount
o    Fatso Tiller Extension
o    Boom Sail Cover
o    Main Sail used only in medium breeze or lighter
o    2013 North Jib used only in medium breeze or lighter
o    White North and White Quantum Spinnaker (the Spinnakers are good medium to high wind chutes)
o    Spinnaker Sheets (with stainless steel sister clips)
o    Jib Sheets
o    Main Sheet
o    Spinnaker Pole
o    Aft Motor Mount
o    Backstay flicker
o    Trailer
*         It has a Mast puller and jib fine tune
*         There is a Lifting bridle above the keel, permanently stowed under the deck (making it convenient for putting the boat in and taking out).
*         The boat is rigged in a manner that doesn't require a gorilla (not that there is anything wrong with being a gorilla!) to pull lines (people of all strengths can generally/effectively race this boat).
*         Jib Halyard was replaced on 10/1/2016
*         Downhaul was replaced Spring 2016
*         Keel box was repaired prior to Spring 2016 season and continues to be very solid/stiff
*         Spinnaker Halyard was replaced in 2014
*         Backstay flicker was replaced in 2014
*         Tiller re-sleeved and tightened in 2014
*         Original boom replaced with modern boom
*         The mast was replaced for the 2011 season with a new mast
*         Hull Color is white except for the VC17 paint on the bottom (copper+red)

Ready to race fast for a team: $11,900.

Hans Dickel

WYC Sonar Fleet

hans at boatboy.me

612-578-7878

Hans Dickel
[Email]<mailto:hans at boatboy.me>[Skype]<http://www.skype.com/>[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/hansdickel>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/raceh2o>[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/raceh2o>[Live Life!]<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes_of_the_day.html>