[Sonar] Reminder: May 19: 'In the Zone' rules seminar and social

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 08:17:48 CDT 2017

Hi all:

This is just a reminder to pen into  your calendar the 'In the Zone' rules
seminar for next Friday, May 19, 6:30pm at the club.    Kevin Kenny will be
leading the discussion.

One of the things I will do this week is mark with a Sharpie, 3 boat
(Sonar) boat lengths on the A dock at 69 feet, as the 'zone' we're talking
about.

Ok, Ok...I'll put another mark at 75' for the Capri's and 66' for the 22's!

Most people are surprised by how the big the zone actually is when you step
it out.   Also its good to see how 'big' people are at that distance by
putting a crew member down there and making a mental note of that as well
as knowing how many seconds it takes to cover it at typical speeds.

We'll bring over some of our private Sonar stock for a social afterwards.

Prep is to reread the Rule 18 about the zone.

Thomas Brown