[Sonar] You need crew for LOWISA 53? We got it right here....

LOWISA saillowisa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:40:42 CDT 2018

 Howdy Sailors!

LOWISA is 18 days away and do you need crew? Check out these skilled
sailors ready to hop aboard. Iron out the details with the contact info
listed and register your boat on the LOWISA website <http://www.lowisa.org>

Cheers,
John

NAME:EMAIL:SKILL LEVEL:BOAT TYPE:COMMENTS (DON'T HOLD BACK):
Paloma Corrin palomacorrin at gmail.com All the above: Plus give orders and
sing. I Have sailed on the Manitoba Sailing team for 8 years, have been to
multiple Canada Games and am looking forward to my first LOWISA! I am not
much of rail meat, but can fit into small spaces - which is handy on a
boat. I have grown up on lake of the woods and currently live in Kenora, so
naturally i will be able to read the wind and predict all the weather... If
you are looking for a fun, cheerful, sailor who can play tactics by day and
drink rum by night while skinny dipping then I am the lady for the boat!
Hoping to get on as crew with my friend Jocelyn, (see crew finder page), we
work best as a package deal - but any boat will do!
Jocelyn Mclaren mclaren.jocelyn at gmail.com All the above: Plus give orders
and sing. Age: 28 Gender: Female Skills: can mix drinks in-between tacks
Have sailed for 28 years (my whole life), and been drinking rum for 14 of
them. I spent 10 years racing for the Manitoba Sailing team. I have done
the last 2 years of LOWISA. First year was on Nutty Club - a J24 with Paige
Nuttall, and the second on a 29er skiff boat - also with Paige Nuttall. I
have been last minuet marooned by non other than the commodore himself and
am now looking for a boat thats into sailing, rum, and sweet sweet
vengeance (kidding... ). My friend Paloma who is also an experienced sailor
from the Manitoba sailing team is looking for a spot and we would love to
be on the same boat IF POSSIBLE. otherwise, take me. Looking forward to a
great time!
Eric Bluhm erichbluhm at msn.com All the above: Plus give orders and sing. Captain
of Amazing Grace trimaran, which was hit by a truck and is awaiting a new
mast and rigging, and won't be racing this year. Two of my daughters (Katie
and Natalie, plus friend Jackie) who crewed last year for me and John
Sexton will race with John on Splash this year. But I would like to crew
for whoever may have a spot. I can tent as shore tribe if needs be.
Anastasia Hnatyuk hn.anastasia at gmail.com The above plus: Can identify
sails, sheets, starboard. My name is Anastasia, I fell in love with sailing
and marine in my teenage years and tried to get on water as often as
possible ever since. I have sailed in and outside of Canada, mainly sailing
with Gimli Yacht Club in Manitoba in the most recent past. I have been
following LOWISA for a while waiting for the year when I would be able to
join and this year it finally became possible. I would be endlessly
grateful for an opportunity to participate.
Stephen Hignell shignell at nordicity.com The above plus: Can identify sails,
sheets, starboard. I'm now 36... I've grown up spending every summer and
weekend on Lake of the Woods, and about 10 years ago I moved to London,
UK... While I never had the chance to actually join the regatta before I
left Canada, I consider the lake and lake life more home than anywhere
else. I would absolutely love to roll up my sleeves and sail the lake in a
way I've never done before and with a great group of people. I've got
experience in sailing Lasers and I'm a quick/keen learner and love people.
I'd be very happy to talk and see if I could lend a pair of eager hands to
a boat and fit in with the crew. Best wishes, Steve
Chris. & Jasmine Klymochko Cklymochko at hotmail.com The above plus: Can
identify sails, sheets, starboard. Chris (31). - Mechanical Tech. Can
probably fix whatever is broken, learns quick, drinks slow. Jasmine (30) -
Nursing Student. Can put bandaids on like nobody else, likes cats.
Chris Hawes Cdhawes at hotmail.com The above plus: Can identify sails, sheets,
starboard. I am 6’2”. I have some experience sailing Albacore. I am eager
to gain perspective. I would be interested in sailing throughout the summer
prior to the races. Looking to have a fun and gratifying experience.

--
LOWISA
www.facebook.com/lowisaregatta