[Sonar] Fw: Sonar Class: Sonar Class Association - New Class Officers

Stieers, Ken Ken.Stieers at opus-group.com
Tue Jun 5 13:12:56 CDT 2018

A note from the Sonar Class

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: sca.mailings at sonar.org<mailto:sca.mailings at sonar.org> <sca.mailings at sonar.org<mailto:sca.mailings at sonar.org>>
To: Member <member at sonar.org<mailto:member at sonar.org>>
Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎June‎ ‎4‎, ‎2018‎ ‎01‎:‎48‎:‎16‎ ‎PM
Subject: Sonar Class: Sonar Class Association - New Class Officers

Fellow Sonarians,

I am writing you on behave of the International Sonar Class.  We would like to update you as to the new class officers and to touch on what your new class officers have planned for the 2018 sailing season.

As some of you know Bruce McArthur has, due to personal and professional obligations, retired as Sonar Class President and as Sonar Class Administrator.   This has given the Sonar Class Executive Committee the impetus to think about restructuring. To that end we are thrilled to announce that Rick Doerr, probably our most well known and accomplished Sonarian, has agreed to step up and assume the Class President position. In addition we have hired Ed “Buttons” Padin as Class Administrator.  Buttons is an enthusiastic sailor, a member of Larchmont Yacht Club and, since leaving Madison Ave., an experienced class administrator.  He is class administrator for the Viper 640 and for the Buccaneer 18 classes and now for the Sonar Class.

Your class officers are:

  *   Rick Doerr - (Nyack) – President
  *   Hans Dickel – (Minnetonka) - Secretary
  *   John Bainton - (Noroton) -Treasurer
  *   Lee Morrison- (Noroton) – Chief Measurer/Technical Committee Chair
  *   Dawn Shumway - (Rochester) – Secretary General – World Sailing Interface
  *   Eric Voss -  (Rochester) – VP Fleets – Regatta schedule management
  *   Michael Lucas - (Nyack) – VP Communications – newsletters and general fleet/event promotion
  *   Jonathan Chiasson - (Lunenberg) – VP International
  *   JR Rainaldi - (Minnetonka) – VP Midwest – promotion of the Class regionally
  *   Ed “Buttons” Padin - Class Administrator
  *   Dan Tucker - (Rondar Raceboats) – Builder’s Representative

Getting down to business, the new leadership team recently convened to discuss the state of the Class and set some 2018 goals and objectives for improving and strengthening the Class.   Among those objectives, as you can well imagine, were to improve promotion of the Sonar and of the Sonar Class starting with the website and, working hand in hand with that, to drive membership in the class and in fleets.

We are happy to report that we have a group of three that are now actively and enthusiastically working on designing and developing a new site. Buttons Padin, Dan Tucker, Lee Morrison, John Bainton and Hans Dickel have stepped up. The new site will: maintain all the functions of the old site, attract more traffic which will promote and grow our class, provide enhanced marketing capabilities targeting potential new members, offer many new features such as being smart phone friendly, and save money on a monthly basis.

More news, more initiatives, to come in the next weeks and months; we will keep you informed. We welcome your thoughts and comments on all matters; don’t hesitate to write any of us.

Sail fast,

Rick Doer

Sonar Class President

Fleet Captains: we would appreciate it if you would forward this e-mail to your fleet members who are not class members.  We would like to get them interested in the class and eventually maybe become members of the class. As a first step, they should forward their contact information to Buttons Padin at epadin at padesta.com<mailto:epadin at padesta.com> and request to be added to the Class database.

 This message was sent from the Sonar Class Association Web Site
 on Monday, June 4th, 2018 at 1:13:36 PM (EDT).
 Visit www.sonar.org<http://www.sonar.org> for news and information.

This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us at the listed email address.
Thank You.