[Sonar] Register by Sunday to save $$$

LOWISA saillowisa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 07:21:18 CDT 2018

 Howdy Sailors!

*Lowisa 53 <http://www.lowisa.org/> *is shaping up to be quite the week! Click
here <https://lowisa.sportngin.com/register/form/606426887> to register
your boat, get wristbands for the social activities and pre-order your
merchandise! After July 1, the prices increase another $50, so get your
orders in!

Here's what we have planned for Lowisa 53 so far...

*Saturday Aug 4: *
Registration pickup at Northern Harbour
6pm Skipper's meeting/dinner on the MS Kenora!

*Sunday Aug 5 Race 1: *
Betty Crocker Cooking Contest!
Cocktail making competition!

*Monday Aug 6 Race 2: *Mount Gay Rum Party!

*Tuesday Aug 7 Race 3: *Fish Fry @ Sunset Lodge!

*Wednesday Aug 8 Layover Day: *
Volvo Winnipeg Layover Day Race
Massages from Anchor Massage Therapy
Paddle board races
Kids Olympics
Steak Dinner @ Sunset Lodge with live band "WRECKING CREW"

*Thursday Aug 9 Race 4:*
Get some rest!

*Friday Aug 10 Race 5: *
Lake of the Woods Brewing Company Keg Party!

*Saturday Aug 11 Race 6: *Commodore's Ball @ the Northern Yacht Club!

Check the website for updated race instructions coming soon.

*Need crew?* Look at these wonderful people from our crew finder page
<http://www.lowisa.org/the-race/crew-finder/> looking to hop on a boat!

*Houseboats to charter? *If you know anyone interested in renting out their
houseboat for LOWISA participants, let us know. We are looking to
accommodate sailors in need of a mothership.

*The layover day destination* is the beautiful Sunset Lodge Resort
<http://www.sunsetlodgeresort.com/> on Oak Island, USA. There are limited
rooms available so get in touch with the lodge atinfo at sunsetlodgeresort.com
(218) 223-8211 or (855) 634-1863 to book yourselves rooms!

*Have your passports ready* as we are heading into the USA. We have made
arrangements with the border to make our crossing as seamless as possible.
We will get in touch with you after you register to get your passport # and
boat registration details.

Drew Mitchell from North Sails
<https://northsails.com/sailing/en/experts/drew-mitchell>will be joining
the race throughout the week, offering tips and expert insights on how to
improve your racing game! We will hold a raffle/auction to have Drew on
board your boat for 1 or more of the races.

Questions, comments, praise, malaise, or stop sending me email requests?
Just respond to this email!

Your friendly neighborhood commodores,
John Vogan & Steve Dreger

--