[Sonar] Additional Sonar fleet events for 2020: a straw poll request

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 07:22:54 CST 2019

We've gotten an invite to the Texas Shootout Team Racing Regatta in Kemah
(Galveston Bay) for the last week in March.     Those of us who have been
around 5 years or more probably remember that fun event.   We don't bring
boats,  but just ourselves,  sail a lot on Galveston Bay nice and early in
the season for us, and eat lots of shrimp.

Another invite that I've gotten is for the White Nights Team Racing regatta
in St. Petersburg Russia.  This will be the weekend of the solstice  (June
19-21) and will be with teams from Finland and Russia.   I've been sailing
there before and know these guys...   They are new to team racing (they
mostly match race) and are looking forward to having us come.  BTW,  this
is during the midnight sun time  (e.g. White Nights) so there is no time
limit on the water!     This is not on Sonars though, but on J70's so
technically it isn't a Sonar event even though it would likely be the same
people.

What is the straw poll interest in these regattas?

Thomas Brown