[Sonar] WYC - Update for August Racing

Andy Spence-Parsons andy.spence-parsons at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 08:55:21 CDT 2020

Good day racers.

First, I hope you, your family, and friends remain safe and healthy through this situation.

We're coming to the end of the July series in this abbreviated season. We're making some adjustments for the series starting next Monday, based on feedback received. The details are published in Addendum D link here <https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/6c12-2220809/WYC_Schedule_Addendum_D_072920.pdf#_ga=2.10612788.1293149617.1596288683-751430093.1586221660> which completely replaces the previous Addendum C.  Changes include;
Change to the Sunday start sequence.  Boats will now start on 3-minute intervals in the order shown in Addendum D - this is effective next Sunday 8/09.
Change to start time for weeknight races on 8/24 and 8/27 to reflect the earlier sunset time as summer winds down.
Change to start time and VHF channel on Saturday 8/22 as WYC joins MYC for the Burton/MS Cup.
Confirmation that boats sailing in the double handed division must have a crew or two people. Also boats in this division must identify themselves with the orange flag, which replaces the streamer.
Confirmation of maximum crew size by specific boat type, in addition to overall length.  Remember, crew size limit exists to balance safety of boat handling with the safety of reduced virus transmission risk.
These changes are affective from Monday 3rd August.  We will publish a schedule for September and October sometime during mid-August.

Finally, a reminder about face coverings.  Members have done a great job with face coverings while on the club property. Thank you.  Face coverings may also be required when sailing with people not from your household as noted in Addendum D. This requirement is there to protect your fellow sailors. It also forms part of the ‘rules', which RRS rule 3 requires us all to comply with. Please do your part.

Again, these changes apply to racing from next Monday 3rd August.

Stay safe, and see you on the water.

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org