[Sonar] Team Racing Seminar Series @ Wayzata Sailing!

J.R. johnrainaldi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 17:31:07 CST 2020

Team Racers...
I'm helping to get the word out.
See below!
J.R.

Greetings Sonar Fleet and Friday Team Racers!

Wayzata Sailing is excited to announce that we are including two seminars
on *Team Racing in our new FREE Winter Seminar Series*. We are hoping that
these seminars will appeal to a wide range of sailors from “never ever”
team racers to those looking to hone their team racing knowledge.
The seminars are limited to **40 participants**
Be sure to RSVP at the links to reserve your spot.

The two seminars are detailed below, hope you can join us!

Team Racing Pt 1: Team Racing Fundamentals (2/25 @ 7PM)
https://wayzatasailing.salsalabs.org/TeamRacingSeminar
 The 4th installment in our Winter Seminar Series will be focused on Team
Racing. Team Racing is an intense from of racing that pits teams of boats
against each other. High priorities are put on boat handling, team work,
and managing close boat to boat interactions. Our High School teams have a
heavy emphasis on Team Racing during our Spring season. This first of a two
part seminar is designed as an introduction to this discipline. Hope you
can join us!
We will be covering but not limited to the following.
Rules: Appendix D1.1 - Changes definitions and RRS Parts 2 & 4
Starts: Pre-start, approach, execution
Team Racing Basics: How to control other boats

Team Racing Pt 2: Plays & The Call Book (3/10 @ 7PM)
https://wayzatasailing.salsalabs.org/TeamRacingSeminarPt2TheCallBook
The 5th installment in our Winter Seminar Series will be focused on Team
Racing. Team Racing is an intense from of racing that pits teams of boats
against each other. High priorities are put on boat handling, team work,
and managing close boat to boat interactions. Our High School teams have a
heavy emphasis on Team Racing during our Spring season. This second Team
Racing Seminar will be an interactive seminar mostly focused on the Team
Racing Call Book. We will problem solve some common scenarios in team
racing, as well as delve into some specific plays. Hope you can join us!
We will be exploring but not limited to the following.
- Commonly occurring scenarios from the Team Race Call Book
- More advanced Team Race "Plays"
- Advanced Team Race Concepts
- Play Execution

If you have any questions regarding our Winter Seminars please reach out to
us at office at wayzatasailing.org.