[Sonar] WYC Update

Chris Fittipaldi chris_fittipaldi at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 10:52:47 CDT 2020

Thanks Andy,

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:43 AM, Andy Spence-Parsons via Sonar<sonar at lists.wyc.org> wrote:   First, I hope this note finds you and your family safe and healthy.
IMPORTANT
   - Club property is closed for all uses and all users. This includes; the building, the patio, the docks, the crane, and the parking lots.
   - We will communicate changes to the opening of the club property and the schedule as warranted by the situation. Stay tuned.
   - The Stay-at-Home order is scheduled to expire at 1700 on Friday April 10.
   - The order closing establishments such as the yacht club has been extended to 1700 on Friday May 1st.
It seems a particularly cruel twist of fate that an uncharacteristically early ice out is coupled with a global pandemic, and a state mandated “stay-at-home” order.
As sailors we’re all uncomfortable in “uncharted waters”.  I know we’re all anxious to launch our boats and go racing.  However the wellbeing of our members and the wider community are of paramount importance. WYC is complying with the Governor's Executive orders (Specifically 20-18 directing the closure of places of public accommodation, and 20-20  Directing Minnesotans to Stay at Home). Thus the club property is closed for all uses and all users.  This includes; the building, the patio, the docks, the crane, and the parking lots.
In the meantime, please continue to take appropriate steps to keep yourself, and those around you, safe and healthy.

Andy Spence-Parsons
Commodore | Wayzata Yacht Club
commodore at wyc.org
763.360.8587