[Sonar] LOWISA 55 Event Update

LOWISA saillowisa at gmail.com
Sun May 23 15:05:47 CDT 2021

Dear LOWISA 55 Faithful,

I hope that this message finds you happy, safe, and sound as we await an
end to this difficult pandemic. Despite the recent headlines highlighting a
third wave of COVID-19, we remain optimistic that your favorite week of
summer remains possible (and even probable) given the current stay at home
orders and the increasing number of vaccines distributed. With this in
mind, I am excited to let you know that we are planning to hold LOWISA 55
(July 31 - August 7), all conditions permitting, and that arrangements have
been made with Buena Vista Resort in Morson, Ontario to host this year's
Layover Day. Buena Vista is a full service resort offering showers, gas,
pump out and a store with all items you may need to replenish your supplies
mid-regatta. Please contact Rick at Buena Vista by phone (1-800-465-6201)
or email (bvresortsite at outlook.com) to book cottages and make additional
inquiries. Be sure to reserve your cottages soon as they're booking up
quickly!

As of now, we plan on offering full officiated fleet racing thanks to Rob
Eby and his RC Team; Jeff Greene will also be returning in the role of
Repax Captain to support any vessels in distress along the course. We'll
abide by all local COVID guidelines during the event, meaning that we will
practice social distancing and avoid gathering in groups, that said,
there's still lots of fun to be had (just ask any of those who attended
last year's *NOWISA *and they'll assure you that we're not lying). If
international borders stay closed, we'll be missing the US sailors and crew
who routinely attend LOWISA and make up an integral and valued segment of
our fleet--mark my words when I say that you'll be missed and that we look
forward to seeing you in future years when the border reopens.

Regatta registration will be available shortly via the LOWISA Shopify site
<https://lowisa-55.myshopify.com>, where we also have a ton of awesome
merchandise available for purchase. As a lot can change going forward, we
have a few different scenarios in mind given recommendations in place in
early August so stay tuned for future updates as myself and the L55 Team
develop our itinerary further. Until our next communication, keep safe and
stay home. If you have any additional queries please reach out to
saillowisa at gmail.com or on our social media platforms.

See you at the starting line!

- JW

** If you would like to be removed from this email list please respond to
this email with the phrase "please remove"*

--
LOWISA
www.facebook.com/lowisaregatta