[Sonar] Lake level update

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 11:17:03 CDT 2021

All:

I've been closely watching the lake level since perhaps early August and in
partcular as we near pull out time.

Today the lake is at 928.25 which is about a half an inch more than early
September when Batmobile (Sonar #810) was bumping bottom at the crane and
gin pole at 928.18  (.07 difference).

We lose about .01 inches of water per day due to evaporation at this time
of year (from looking at the charts).  We are expected to get a 'small
amount' of rain this weekend.

Some boats are running aground in the area around the crane and gin pole
(not Sonars yet).

I've decided however that I don't want to take a chance with problems later
on and have pulled Tally Ho's mast  (I was mostly concerned about the depth
at the gin pole but I was ok yesterday) and will pull the boat after the
crane is fixed tomorrow morning sometime.

Of course,  other boats don't have to pull...but can hope for rain,  so I
don't want this to be interpreted as a 'break the glass' moment but it has
been my choice to pull.

Thomas Brown