[Sonar] Lake update: 9/29/21 - the blob is coming!

Thomas Brown tbrown9164 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 07:51:08 CDT 2021

Hi all:

I've been checking with Todd at the club and keeping watch on the LMCD lake
level pretty much daily.

While we are within about an inch of where Batmobile was bumping on the
bottom at the crane,  I'm also hearing that Capri's and J24's (J24's here
for the U-Gotta)  are being put in/hauled without any issues including the
gin pole area.     Slip depths are quite fine.

My guess is that some of these slightly deeper draft boats may be touching
bottom but it could be that they are actually helping the situation by
cutting a groove for us in the soft muddy bottom.

Also,  I would add that the 'blob' is coming.    No, not the monster like
in the movie, but on the radar.    The rain forecast for the TC area
between now and Saturday is for 1.5 inches or rain,  which when you
consider watershed run off,  can be 2-3 inches of lake level increase.

So far,  we've been able to have just enough rain to keep our playground
just filled enough.

I'll keep the fleet posted as time goes on.

Thomas Brown