[Weathermark]The Weathermark at wyc.org - September 2nd, 2003

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Sep 2 11:34:19 CDT 2003

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  September 2nd, 2003

THIS ISSUE:
- Charlie Erickson
- Silent Auction
- J Boat Regattas
- Wayzata Historical Society
------------------------------

CHARLIE ERICKSON
Visitation (Wednesday) and Memorial Service (Thursday) details have been
posted at www.wyc.org. The family requests that in lieu of flowers,
memorials be sent to the Wayzata Sailing Foundation Charles W. Erickson
Memorial Fund P.O. Box 768 Wayzata, MN 55391 or the Cook County Search and
Rescue Attn: Sheriff Dave Wirt 611 6th Avenue East Grand Marais, MN 55604.

Photos from this past weekend in Bayfield have been posted at
http://www.ebconsulting.net/images/Charlie_Erickson_Photos/index.html

J BOAT REGATTAS
The J24 U-Gotta Regatta will take place September 13th and 14th. It's a
Worlds Qualifier, so plan on a big crowd on the start line. The J22 Western
Great Lake Districts will take place September 20th and 21st. If you're not
already signed up, start getting a crew together.  Visit
http://www.wyc.org/j24/ or http://www.wyc.org/j22/Districts.htm for more
details

SILENT AUCTION
Jodie Hertig and Jay Gartin (Capri 25-Capricious) have volunteered to
coordinate this year's Wayzata Sailing Foundation Silent Auction and would
like to solicit your help. Last year, the auction raised over $9,700 and
we'd like to think that we can meet or surpass this number in 2003.  Also,
Jodie and I vow to make the auction preparation a good time by planning a
few get-togethers with volunteers to meet, coordinate, and socialize.

Currently, we are looking for volunteers for various responsibilities. New
this year, the fleet with the most participation in volunteering will
receive a percentage of the auction proceeds! Please feel free to contact
Jay (952-949-2381 H, 612-803-2418 C, jgartin at ix.netcom.com) or Jodie
(952-975-9934 H, jodiepie1224 at msn.com) to volunteer. This is a chance for
you to make a real contribution to local sailing, so call right now!!!

Also, it's time for all club members to start pondering what you, your crew,
or company could donate for auction (merchandise, services, etc.) as we'll
be soliciting these in the coming days.  http://www.wyc.org/wsf

WAYZATA HISTORICAL SOCIETY CALENDARS
It's James J. Hill Day's this weekend in Wayzata and the Historical Society
is providing free calendars to the first 100 people to join or renew
memberships at their booth on Lake Street or the Wayzata Depot. This is a
150 year Wayzata Anniversary Calendar. If you don't want to join the
Society, you can just buy a calendar by contacting Julie at 952-473-9677.