The Weathermark at wyc.org - November 22, 2004

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon Nov 22 20:20:58 CST 2004

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  November 22, 2004

THIS ISSUE:
- Banquet Thieves Steal Decorations
- Banquet Winners
- New Board Members
- Pick Up Your Trophies
- Foundation Auction
- Banquet Wrap-Up

-----------------------------

DID YOU STEAL THE BANQUET DECORATIONS?
Nearly half of our banquet decorations were stolen by overly enthusiastic
club members after the banquet this year. The significant cost of these
items are justified only by using them for many years and we can't afford
having them taken.

Return these to the clubhouse immediately or mail them to WYC, P.O. Box 585,
Wayzatam, MN 55391. We've declared amnesty for the next couple weeks, but
after that the banquet committee is gathering a posse.

If  you would like to purchase your own oversized burgee, contact Mark
Oppen.

BANQUET WINNERS
I'm sure I'll miss someone here, but congratulations to the Wayzata 150
committee (Dee Geary, Don Sundell, Greg Grassle, MWST) for the Commodore's
Special, Dave Bennett and Hellfire for the Doc Sam, Sean Hendrickson for the
Sportsmanship Award, Johnny Peterson for the Andy Crew, Steve Mulich for the
Bail Bond Award, and of course to Amity III who finally won Boat of the Year
after last year's heartbreaking second place. Way to Go! Details will be in
a forthcoming Weathermark.

NEW BOARD MEMBERS and CHANGING OF THE GUARD
Welcome to Judy Woellner as our latest addition to the WYC Board. Dick
Saylor retired to Florida earlier this year and Judy will fill his vacant
seat. Scott Brigham is now our reigning Commodore, please bow in his
presence next time you see him and thank him for the significant commitment
being Commodore involves. And a special thanks to Mark Janda who has guided
us through some major projects over the last three years. Thanks for all
your time and effort! Mark is now moving on assist with the Wayzata Sailing
School board.

TROPHIES
Unclaimed trophies, photos, and glassware are at the clubhouse. Please stop
by sometime during the holidays to pick them up.

FOUNDATION AUCTION
Thank you to Meghan Nimmer (AIS-Chewbacca) for stepping in at the last
minute to organize and run the WSF auction. Over $8,000 was raised at this
very important fundraiser. Of course it's never too late to donate to the
new sailing school which is especially in need of financing at this early
stage. If you'd like to make a year end tax deductible contribution, please
visit http://www.wyc.org/wsf/wss/

BANQUET WRAP-UP
Thank you to Merry Beth and Kevin Hovey for all their work in organizing the
banquet. This was an especially big challenge since we were using a new
venue. A survey will be in your next print Weathermark allowing you to
provide feedback on what you liked or disliked about our new location.

COUNTDOWN
Only 159 days until the Ice Breaker Tune-Up race. Just hold your breath, it
won't be long...

Sail Fast...in your DN!!!!!!!!!!!
This mail has been sent to you as a member or friend of the Wayzata Yacht
Club. Anyone may subscribe or un-subscribe to this newsletter by visiting
http://www.wyc.org/list-server-reg.htm