The Weathermark at wyc.org - April 21, 2005

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu Apr 21 09:06:53 CDT 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  April 21, 2005

THIS ISSUE:
- Tonight - Gordy Seminar
- Clean Up Day
- Cranes, Cards, and Classes
- Advertise-WYC LOG
- Blake's MS Walk
- J22 Cool Regatta
- Bert & Ernie Show
- Wayzata Sailing School
-----------------------------

TONIGHT'S GORDY SEMINAR
Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Gordy Bower's secrets of Sailing Lake
Minnetonka seminar actually happens TONIGHT. Just show at the door, tonight at 7:00pm. Cost is $20. http://www.mwst.org/

CLUB CLEANUP DAY
9:00am, this Saturday. Lunch and refreshments are provided. Show up, look for Dutch Bull and ask what you can work on. Get yourself psyched up by looking at past clean-up day photos. Yes, it's sort of a fun day. http://www.wyc.org/clubphotos/photo-cleanup-day.htm

CRANES, CARDS, AND CLASSES
The crane has been running for a week now and boats are gradually filling the marina. Swipe cards have been mailed to those who ordered them.
- Don't use the crane unless you've taken the crane class and know what you're doing. The CRANE CLASS will happen April 27th @ 6:00pm at the crane.
- We will still have assisted put-in on April 30th. Sign-up times are at the clubhouse. Bring your swipe card, or pay at the door.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help when using the crane. Seriously.
- Don't park your boats in the lot overnight. If every boat in the club did it for one night, we'd have a boat in the lot every night of the season.
- http://www.wyc.org/about-crane.htm

ADVERTISE IN THE WYC LOG BOOK
Promote your business to people who actually like you, or just support your
yacht club by advertising in the WYC log book. Download a registration form
at http://www.wyc.org/Logads.PDF

BLAKE'S MS WALK
Blake is continuing to recover from his cancer scare last year and is learning to adjust to the effects of his MS. We're recently posted an update on Blake's condition to our website. He's also doing his yearly MS walk on May 1st. A link to contribute online is also available. Click here... http://www.wyc.org/Blake.htm

J22 COOL REGATTA
The Dave Cool regatta is coming up on April 30-May 1. Absolut returns as a sponsor and our new sponsor is Helly Hansen of MN located in Ridgedale. Check out www.wyc.org for web links and details.

2005 FINAL SCHEDULE
If  you were too cheep to pay for a membership and have a schedule mailed to you, check out the now finalized online schedule at http://www.wyc.org/Schedule.htm . Just don't forget that it's not an OFFICIAL schedule.

BERT & ERNIE SEMINARS
It's almost time. Invite your crew or anyone interested in starting racing
- http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Tuesdays.htm
- http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Saturdays.htm.

WYC SAILING SCHOOL
They're only young once. http://www.wayzatasailing.org/

Thank you for making it to the bottom of the WYC Weathermark.  Proof read free for five years and running!