The Weathermark at wyc.org - August 12, 2005

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Aug 12 13:54:53 CDT 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  August 12, 2005

THIS ISSUE
- Women's Cup Race
- Women's Rolex Seminar
- Championship of Champions
- S2 7.9 Nationals
- Banquet Volunteers

- Crew Memberships
- Leech Lake Regatta
-----------------------------

WYC WOMEN'S CUP RACE
We've had the Women's Big Island race, we've had the Women's Bay series. Now it's time for the big show, the whole enchilada, the final show down, the melee on the main lake. The Women's Cup Race starts Saturday at 10:00am. Grab some crew and get out there ladies.

WOMEN'S ROAD TO ROLEX CLINIC
Just a reminder that Yngling World Champion Sally Barkow will be at WYC this Saturday conducting a seminar to help prepare women for the Rolex International Women's Keelboat Championship. This is a big deal!  If you have interest in this event, please contact Jennifer Child at 612-616-0804 or childjennifer at hotmail.com  Efforts are being made so that you can race the Women's Cup and also do the seminar. Contact Jenny for details.

CHAMPIONSHIP OF CHAMPIONS
It was a huge success last year, this year it's going to be a mega success. Wednesday August 24th at 6pm @ the "other YC". Put the putt-putt on the keelboat and motor over to Lighthouse Island where we will watch the best of the best battle it out for bragging rights between WYC and MYC. Last year we won by claiming ownership of J.D. representing the J24 fleet, but it was tight racing with Blake Middleton coming in second representing Lake Minnetonka power boaters and a bunch of scow folks close behind. All you have to do is motor over, enjoy yourself while watching, try to control the hooligan trash talking, and then dock your boat at MYC Lighthouse Island for the grill and chill dinner (a reasonable cost for and excellent dinner) and awards banquet after the racing.

S2 7.9 NATIONALS
The S2 fleet is sending something like eight boats to Racine WI for the S2 7.9 National Championships next weekend. Excellent turn out! Now bring us home some hardware to show off in the clubhouse. Details at http://sailingsource.com/s279/

BANQUET VOLUNTEERS
Yes, the banquet is not that far away. Helping out with the banquet is actually lots of fun, especially since it doesn't conflict with sailing. So Call Merry Beth and ask her what's up and where you can help. Yes, you can earn some participation points, but you also might get to attend the taste testing for desserts or get back stage passes to hang with the band. MBhovey at yahoo.com  cell:612-805-0080.

CREW MEMBERSHIPS
It's a little late to gain ALL the benefits of being a PAID crew member of WYC, but it's not too late to get that warm and fuzzy feeling of being a member instead of a hang-along. We welcome guests at WYC, but being a guest means you have a freshness date. You know who you are, and so do we! Next time you're at the keg pouring yourself a guest freebie, look around...we're watching. In the next issue I'm naming names, so act now.  Visit http://www.wyc.org/about.htm to download a copy of crew membership form and mail it in. Please.

LEECH LAKE REGATTA
It's not too late. The 34th Annual Leech Lake Regatta is coming up on August 20-22. This regatta has been around for a long time and if you haven't raced it then you really can't say you've done it all. So get up there and earn yourself some bragging rights. Web site address with all the important info is available at http://www.angelfire.com/mn/leechlakeregatta

See you at the Women's Cup!