The Weathermark at wyc.org - February 1, 2005

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Feb 1 12:21:53 CST 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  February 1, 2005

THIS ISSUE:
- Tsunami Fleet Donations
- February Seminars
-----------------------------

TSUNAMI  FLEET DONATIONS
We've just posted our first donation totals at www.wyc.org. So far we're
just over 1/2 of a boat, but those numbers only represent people who heard
of this program early.

Please take this opportunity to have your fleet and our club help out some
fellow sailors by donating to a good cause as a group. The deadline is the
end of this week.

More information about this request is available in your most recent print
Weathermark, perhaps someone from your fleet has also contacted you, and
there are several links and donation instructions on the homepage of
www.wyc.org. And yes, your returned check can be used as a tax deduction.

All you need to do is send a check to Bob Bye before the end of this week.
Visit www.wyc.org for instructions.

WYC WINTER SEMINAR WEEKEND
Big, big weekend coming up for sailing seminars, check below for details.
And this time I hopefully have the correct dates!

- February 10th, Thursday: MWST Thursday Night Seminar:
" Sailing Lake Minnetonka with Gordy Bowers".
This is the big seminar when Gordy Bowers tells us almost all the secrets of
the Brackets Point Lift, the Northholm Lift, the Ferndale Lift, and the
Robinson Bay effect, the Cedar Point Death Knock, the Diamond Reef S2 Field
of Nightmares, and the Big Island Killing Fields. Don't blow this one off
just because you're attending the rules seminar on Friday. Do Both!
visit: http://www.wyc.org/seminars/winter_racing_seminars.htm

- February 11th, Friday, 5:00pm: Match Racing Mid-Winter Kick-Off.
Just before the evening rules seminar, the match racing people are going to
get together to talk about the upcoming season of match racing.
visit: http://www.wyc.org/richardson.htm

- February 11th, Friday, 6:00pm: Advanced Rules Seminar
The rules have been updated this year and we're flying in Cliff Black
(Regional Area Judge for Area K) to do a rules seminar specifically focused
on intermediate and advanced level sailors/tacticians. This seminar may very
well sell out, so we strongly recommend pre-registering by mailing in your
check right now.
More info and registration form:
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/advanced_RULES_training.htm

- February 12th-13th, Saturday-Sunday, Judges Workshop and Exam
This is the material that can help make you a double black diamond rules
guru on the race course. More importantly, you really need to be a certified
judge to live the elite and glamorous lifestyle of a sailing judge. This is
a two day seminar with a test at the end, so it's a big deal. If you want to
truly take your sailing to the next level, sign up for this class. I'm not
positive about this, but I you probably have to pre-registered for this to
insure they have materials for you.
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/advanced_RULES_training.htm