The Weathermark at wyc.org - January 11, 2005

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Jan 11 16:39:03 CST 2005

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  January 11, 2005

THIS ISSUE:
- MWST Seminars
- Boat Show Volunteers
- Wayzata Sailing School
- Advanced Rules & Judging Seminars
- Stolen Banquet Banners
-----------------------------

MWST WINTER SEMINARS
The first MWST seminar is this Thursday at 7:00-9:00pm, titled "Prepare To
Win" with Gordy Bowers. Come attend, and we'll all make up stories about how
winter sailing seminars are more fun than going to Florida for KeyWest Race
Week, your class Midwinter's, your opulent winter home, or your work
"conference".
More info at www.wyc.org

BOAT SHOW VOLUNTEERS
The annual boat show is next week starting Wednesday the 19th thru Sunday
the 23rd. WYC won't have a booth this year, but the LSYA (Lake Superior
Yachting Assoc.) will be there and they are looking for staff volunteers. If
you are interested in staffing the booth for at least 2 hours (groups of
two, please) contact Valerie Petit by e-mail at vpetit at prisma.com or cell at
952-212-1823.

WAYZATA SAILING SCHOOL
Brochures will be in the mailboxes of WYC family members within a week or
so. If you'd like a brochure or know a young person (age 7 and up) who would
be interested please contact the sailing school to have a brochure mailed to
you. This is the first year for our new school and it's important to get the
word out to young sailors.
Contact: 952-476-5875 or WayzataSailing at aol.com

ADVANCED RULES SEMINAR & JUDGING SEMINAR
Knowing the rules doesn't just help you, it helps those who sail around you.
So do us all a favor and sign up for an evening of advanced rules training
on Friday  February 11th from 6-10pm. There will also be discussion of rules
changes for 2005-8.

If learning the rules is more than just necessary for you, and actually
enjoyable, try signing up for the US Sailing Judges Workshop to be held on
Saturday and Sunday of February 12-13.

Clif Black - who REALLY enjoys the rules of sailing - is flying in to lead
both seminars along with local rules icon Bert Foster.

Learn more and sign up early by visiting:
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/advanced_RULES_training.htm

STOLEN BANQUET BANNERS
The period of amnesty is almost up. If you have an oversized burgee or table
center piece burgee that you took home from the banquet...please leave it at
the clubhouse ASAP. Federal mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines are very
harsh for stealing club burgee's, please do the right thing now before we
come looking for you. And yes, we have video tape from the banquet hall that
we can review.

See you at the Boat Show!