The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - December 19th, 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Dec 19 21:58:35 CST 2006

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org  -  December 19th, 2006

This Issue
- Mooring Notices
- Captain Hook
- Shorewood - Seven Seas
- Gift Ideas
- WYC Mike Plant Photo Spectacular
-----------------------------

The Holidays are in full swing, so we have a few public service
announcements and gift ideas for everyone.

MOORINGS
Nothing says "I love my boat" like a paid mooring at the club. Mooring
notices will be going out early January with a 1/31 due date. We expect a
waiting list, so don't be late because Steve will be checking his list
carefully this year.

CAPTAIN HOOK
Bert (and crew) are gaining momentum on the Paralympics circuit. Captain
Hook recently finished 3rd in the St. Pete regatta. Check out their new
website and follow their progress at
http://www.paralympicteamcaptainhook.org/

SHOREWOOD and SEVEN SEAS
Mike Maloney has offered launching space for iceboaters and their rather
nice lounge area is open for rental while the WYC club is a construction
zone. Our beloved SEVEN SEAS has recently relocated from downtown to
Shorewood. So stop by and say high to Jimbo during the slow winter months
check out the new digs. And yes, Jim can help any clueless spouse find the
perfect sailing gift for you. All you  have to do is point your lovely in
the right direction. Winter hours are limited in the winter, call ahead at
952-470-0099.

OTHER GIFT IDEAS
Do you need a GPS for tracking Kattack race performance next year? Or how
about a video of the J22 NA's from Head-Injury media, check out
www.wyc.org/j22 for a link to their site.

WYC 2006 PHOTO SLIDESHOW OFFER
Our club photographer (me) is offering a CD slideshow of the 2006 WYC
sailing season. Over 500 photos including just about every WYC keel boat and
big boat with a ton of exciting youth racing shots. It's only $25, and 100%
of your money goes to support the Mike Plant Sailing Fund
(http://www.wayzatasailing.org/mikeplant/). All materials, postage, and
photos are donated. But it only matters if you order a CD. Visit
http://www.dallasjohnson.net/photo/ by this Thursday at 9:00am to hopefully
get your CD before Christmas.

See you on the Ice!