The Weathermark at wyc.org - February 14th 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Feb 14 23:01:37 CST 2006

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  February 14th 2006

This Issue
- Sharon Foster
- Winter Seminar Schedule
- 2006 Tentative Schedule
- ADA Sponsorship
- Mooring Fees
- Blake Middleton - MS Walk w/Team Sail
-----------------------------

SHARON FOSTER
Our sympathies to the Foster clan on the passing of Bert's wife of 25 years,
Sharon Foster. After a six year battle with cancer Sharon passed at home
Tuesday morning in the company of her entire family. Memorials are requested
to the WSF Youth Program. Details will be published in Wednesday's Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/obituaries

WINTER SEMINAR SCHEDULE
Winter hardly made an appearance this year, and it's almost gone, but here
we go...
- Saturday March 25th - THE Dave Perry: Topic will be something about
sailing.
   Details TBA, limited seating available.
- Thursday March 30th - MWST & Gordy Bowers: "Prepare to Win"
- Thursday April 13 - MWST & Gordy Bowers: Wind & Waves Strategy

2006 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
Now posted at www.wyc.org/schedule.htm

ADA REGATTA SPONSORSHIP
Our annual ADA Regatta is at the time of year when we are looking for
corporate sponsors. This typically accounts for 1/2 of our fund raising.  If
you or your company would like to support the ADA and have your corporate
give earmarked toward the regatta, please contact Jenni Hargraves at
jhargrav at diabetes.org or 763-593-5333 x6787 and ask for a sponsorship
packet. Corporate sponsorship packages are available from 1k to 10k and
beyond.

The American Diabetes Regatta is WYC's opportunity to give back to the
community. Over the past five years, we have helped raise approximately
$150,000 for ADA research and support. Big changes this year with a JUNE
date for the regatta; better winds and less mid-season burn-out is forecast
for the event!

MOORING DEPOSITS
Word on the street is that we are looking at a real waiting list this year
for dock space. That means don't drag your feet on mooring deposits or
payments. Otherwise you might find yourself sitting at the crew table this
summer.

BLAKE MIDDLETON MS WALK - TEAM SAIL
Although Blake is typically a powerboater, he's also a better sailboat racer
than just about all of us. More importantly, he is a central part of both
the WYC and MYC sailing communities. We are greatly indebted to him for the
work he does. Blake does this work while dealing with the daily effects of
Multiple Sclerosis. He makes it look easy, it's not.

On May 7th at 8:00am, Blake will be heading up TEAM SAIL in the TwinCities
MS walk. For the guy who supports your hobby race after race, here are a few
ways to support him.
- Sponsor Team Sail, right now, online at
https://www.nationalmssociety.org/MNM/personal/default.asp?pa=45690565&pd=MNM0EWLK20060507TWC
- Do the eight mile walk with Team Sail by clicking the "Join My Team" icon
at the above web address. The event starts at 8:00am May 7th, and you'll be
done in time for the Sunday afternoon races. Entry is free, you only need to
get some sponsors.
- If you have questions, feel free to contact Blake at MYC at aol.com (and
please ask him to get a new e-mail address).

See you at the winter seminars!