The Weathermark at wyc.org - June 5th, 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Mon Jun 5 18:01:37 CDT 2006

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  June 5th, 2006

This Issue
- Jenny Wilson - All American
- Women at the Helm
- WSS Honored
- Night Crawler
- Thanks Pat
- ADA Regatta
- RaceWeek
- LOWISA
- 10 Years of www.WYC.org

-----------------------------

JENNY WILSON - SAILING ALL AMERICAN
Congratulations to Jenny Wilson of the Golden Gophers who was recently named as a Collegiate All American Crew.  This is a huge honor for Jenny and her team. CONGRATULATIONS JENNY. The UofM sailing team is coached by Cappy Capper of the WSS and sail out of WYC. If you're lucky, you might catch Gary Jobson interviewing Cappy on ESPN-U sometime in the near future.
http://www.sailingworld.com/article.jsp?ID=42615&typeID=400&catID=589&exclude

WOMEN AT THE HELM (correction)
This seminar is being rescheduled for late June or July. Please RSVP to be notified of the new dates by e-mailing Jenny Child at childjennifer at hotmail.com. This is a great seminar for Women who want a personalized environment to learn and improve their sailing skills. http://www.wyc.org/seminars/women_at_the_helm_clinic.htm

WSS HONORED
I had several requests for clarification on my last e-mail, so here it is. At January's National Sailing Programs Symposium, Cappy Capper received the 2005 Outstanding Director of a New Program Award by US Sailing. The Outstanding Director of a New Program Award is given annually to an individual who has made notable contributions to promote public access sailing in the development of a new program.
http://www.ussailing.org/community/awards.htm

Of course awards don't mean anything. Seeing kids out on the water enjoying the challenges of sailing and learning while creating friendships and developing sportsmanship is the real reward. Watch the kids get their camp awards on a Friday afternoon at the clubhouse and you'll understand why. Do the universe a favor and convince some kid, any kid, to enroll in a sailing class this summer.
www.WayzataSailing.org
http://www.lakeminnetonkasailingschool.org
http://www.umyc.org/sailing_school/sailing_school.asp
http://sailingbreezes.com/Sailing_Breezes_Current/nbss/youthcamp-ml.htm

NIGHT CRAWLER SATURDAY
This Saturday! Show up about 6:00ish, bring something to grill on the patio, and then pull out for a really really super serious race around Big Island. Last boat home wins! Ask Crawler Fleet Captain Craiggae for details.

SMELL THE ROSES
Pat Caticchio has been using her Master Gardener skills magic on our patio this spring. Wow, great work. Make sure you tell her how much you appreciate the work by thanking her. You can also thank her by not dropping cigarette butts into the garden, otherwise you might find some fertilizer in your boat.      THANKS PAT!

ADA REGATTA
Shall I remind us all again! This is our chance to give back to the community while enjoying our sailing. The new schedule leaves your mornings open with racing and events in the afternoon.
http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm

RACEWEEK
July 4th Week. Bring your keelboat up, it will be a blast!
http://www.bayfieldraceweek.org/

LOWISA
Tom Brown of the Sonar fleet is Commodore this year and he's doing a great job with a great regatta. You haven't lived until you've sailed the Lake of the Woods.
http://www.lowisa.org/

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WYC.ORG
10 years ago on May 31st Dave Crum, at the urging of our visionary board or directors, reserved www.WYC.org. Jacko and Janda hornswoggled me into service sometime in 1998. We must be doing something right because www.Alexia.com continues to list us as one of the most popular sailing club web sites in the world. We're an active club and our website shows it. And yes, our busiest web traffic continues to be Monday and Friday mornings when everyone rolls into work to check their race results on the company dime.
http://www.alexa.com/browse/general/?&CategoryID=196047&mode=general&R=True&Start=1&SortBy=Popularity

SEE YOU IN CYBERSPACE!