The Weathermark at wyc.org - MAY 2nd, 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue May 2 09:16:04 CDT 2006

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  MAY 2nd, 2006

This Issue
- Spring Bert-n-Ernie Show Seminar Starts Tonight
- Advertise in the Log
- ADA Regatta
- Blake's MS Walk
- Mooring Map
- Pay to Play
- Race News
-----------------------------

BERT-n-ERNIE SHOW
It's that time again, and it all STARTS TONIGHT.
The granddaddy of WYC sailing Seminars. Great for newbies wanting to learn,
great for rockstars wanting a brush up, great for crew looking for rides.
Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Everyone should go.
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Tuesdays.htm
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/Bert-n-Ernie_show-Saturdays.htm

ADVERTISE IN THE LOG BOOK
The deadline for sending in and ad was yesterday,  so that means you still
have a couple days to get an ad in. We're easy that way. Artwork is due
later in the month. Don't call me, for more info click on...
http://www.wyc.org/Logads.PDF

ADA REGATTA
The ADA Regatta is going to be a big deal this year. The Capris are using it
as their National Championship. Racing starts at noon. Big party and music,
a fantastic silent auction. You probably received your info packet this week
in the mail. Follow through and  1.)send in your registration  2.)find some
sponsors for your boat  3).consider donating to the silent auction. All you
need to know is at...
http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm

BLAKE'S MS WALK.
One last shout to Blake and his MS Walk next Sunday. Donate or get donations
and do the walk with him. Help Blake to meet his goal of 12k. He's almost
there.
http://web.mac.com/blakesail/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

MOORING MAP
The 2006 mooring map has been posted at
http://www.wyc.org/Mooring.PDF

PAY TO PLAY
I don't want to sound like a meanie, but if  you haven't paid your dues you
don't get scored. Please insure that your boat is listed in the scoring
system to insure that you are ready to race. If you are listed in the
"pending" fleet our assumption is that you're not planning to race and you
won't be scored (even if your boat is in the marina). If you pay your dues
after you start racing, you won't get those race finishes back, so please do
it now.
http://www.wyc.org/Results/boatlist.asp

RACE RESULTS
Congratulations to the seven boats that did the Tune-Up race in the constant
cold ugly rain on Sunday. Gee, that sure looked fun.
http://www.wyc.org/Results/ResultsDisplay.asp?Race_Id=1313
Congratulations to J22 Dave Cool Icebreaker Regatta Winner Lars Hanson who
dramatically won the regatta in a race six drifting match to the finish
completed just seconds before the race time-limit expired. Bill Allen was
second.
http://www.wyc.org/Results/SeriesOngoingResults.asp?Series_Id=41
Congratulations to everyone who competed in the club cleanup day. Everyone
was a winner there.