The Weathermark at wyc.org - MAY 31st, 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Wed May 31 09:14:30 CDT 2006

The Weathermark at wyc.org  -  MAY 31st, 2006

This Issue
- Women at the Helm
- Advanced Crew Training
- ADA Regatta
- MYC Race Course
- Raceweek
- Sailing School
- Richardson Cup

-----------------------------

WOMEN AT THE HELM
The MWST is again organizing sailing seminars specifically for women. Two nights, June 6th and 10th, $25. This is a great chance to learn to sail without having to deal with guys who belch on the downwind legs and yell at mark roundings. Great tune-up for the Saturday Women's series. One classroom and one on the water session. Any and all females are invited regardless of sailing experience.
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/women_at_the_helm_clinic.htm

ADVANCED CREW TRAINING
Yes, there's more to being good crew than insuring the skipper brings enough cold beer. Learn the finer points of being a bow monkey on June 7th and learn to pull those funny strings on June 14th. This is a great seminar for a boat owner to bring the entire crew and boat as a team.
http://www.wyc.org/seminars/advanced_crew_training.htm

ADA REGATTA
It's Bigger, it's Badder, it's Reformatted, and it's SOON.  June 17-18 are the new dates, and the new hours are racing starts at noon with social events when you hit the dock. Get your crews lined up, register your boat, get some sponsors. http://www.wyc.org/ada.htm

RESPECT THE MYC RACE COURSE
I have photographic evidence of many WYC boats sailing through the MYC race course after the Big Island race last week. DON'T DO THAT! They hate it just as much as you'd hate it. Saturday morning is their big deal championship series. Please go above or below the course before a bunch of A's decide to come barreling through our Thursday night course with their sprit poles extended to full skewering position.

RACEWEEK
Same place, same time, same format, and we love it that way. July 4th in the prettiest place on the planet. Use the crane, bring your boat up or try to bum a ride on a big boat if a spot is still open. NOR's and registration at http://www.bayfieldraceweek.org/  see a few photos at http://www.wyc.org/ais/default.htm

SAILING SCHOOL
Why my parents didn't send me to sailing school when I was a kid, I'll never know. Maybe it's because WYC didn't have a sailing school back in the day. But now we have one of the best sailing schools in the universe. US Sailing named it best new school last year (or something like that). Enroll your kids, enroll your grandkids, enroll neighborhood kids. Classes for all ages and skill levels for short people. Week long camp programs (not racing) start in June.  A summer experience!
http://www.wayzatasailing.org/

RICHARDSON CUP
Match racing qualifiers are coming to WYC June 3 and 4.  Perhaps you could still get a team together if you think you're that good, or you can come and watch. It's just like the America's Cup except the budgets cost $49,999,000.00 less.
http://www.lsya.org/

SEE YOU AT THE ADA!