The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - October 20, 2006

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Fri Oct 20 08:50:11 CDT 2006

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org  -  October 20, 2006

This Issue
- Trophy Photos
- Banquet Photo Show
- WYC Trophies
- WSS Foundation Cup
- WSF Silent Auction
- Banquet Info
- Captain Hook @ The Olympics
-----------------------------

It's that time of year with lots of announcements to mention.

TROPHY PHOTOS
The deadline is looming early next week for banquet delivery. Visit
http://wyc.org/photo/ to view your photos and see how pretty you really are.

BANQUET PHOTO SHOW
Send  your WYC related photos to Michelle Brennom at mchown00 at yahoo.com.
Please keep file sizes down under 150k and send only the decent stuff. Just
about anything qualifies if WYC people have been involved over the past
year. Silly pictures always seem to be crowd pleaser.

WYC TROPHIES
Remember, nothing says I disrespect my fellow competitors like returning a
tarnished traveling trophy or not even bringing it back at all. So if you're
still upset at the guy who beat you by banging a corner on the last leg of
the race, then don't polish your trophies. And if that's not enough, make
the new winner track you down after the banquet and pry that beautiful
trophy out of your sad and embittered hands.

WSF FOUNDATION CUP
There's no excuse to lose the WSS Cup. Slap down a few bucks and victory can
be yours. It's not too late to enter, a big spender on week four (before the
race starts) can slap down a couple c-notes and be victorious. It's the
American way. Look for Ernie Brody before the race to enter.

WSF SILENT AUCTION
Has your boat committed to offering one donation to be sold at the silent
auction?  All you need to do is e-mail Mary Foster and inform her what you
would like to donate. It only takes a second, but there aren't many seconds
left. Mary at thefosters.org

BANQUET INFO
New closer location at Ridgedale Sheraton. Roomy with no drafty tents.
Affordable rooms on-site. David K band. Bright shinny trophies. Great food.
Video show. Guys not dressed like slobs, and gals wearing dress'. What more
could you ask for. Register early for dinner reservations. Doors open for
the dance at 9:00pm after the awards and dinner. November 11th. Contact
wbren at mn.rr.com to receive a pdf registration form if your skipper doesn't
have one.

CAPTAIN HOOK GOES TO THE OLYMPICS
We're dedicating the party after the Commodore Cup IV race to Bert Foster
and his 3rd place finish in his inaugural paralympic regatta. Chili and all
sorts of warn stuff (and cold beer I imagine) after the race. Bert is taking
on a new challenge by competing to represent the US in the Beijing
Paralympics. More information will be following. There will be an
informational meeting after the CC-IV race on Saturday for those interested
in being involved.

I won't see you anyplace this week, I'm just working on photos.