The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - July 17, 2007

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Tue Jul 17 12:43:04 CDT 2007

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - July 17, 2007

This Issue
- WCSC Sailing Center Update
- Captain Hook Party
- West Lot Closed - Thursday!!!
- Night Crawler
- Thursday UofM Dinner
- Sailing Exchange Student
-----------------------------

WCSC UPDATE
This isn't the forum where we can properly thank everyone who has stepped up and helped out over the past several months but believe me...there's much to be thankful for and excited about. The property has been acquired. Wow, how many years have we been talking about it? Now we (the WSF actually) have done it. Sit back and just soak that in for a minute.

This was a big step, but the "celebration" was a quite one because there's still so much to do with developing programs, fixing up the property, and continuing to secure the funds to make this work. There are currently plenty of opportunities to get involved, help out, and make an impact in your local sailing community. Anything from hands on maintenance to PR work to the ever-present financial support needed to accomplish the remaining steps. Contact Pat Maloney or any of the WSF board members to see how you can help create something great. http://wyc.org/wsf/contact.htm

CAPTAIN HOOK PARTY
The plan is a simple one. A case of Mt. Gay Rum, the Captain Hook team telling stories and signing autographs, and everyone celebrating the team's final push for Olympic gold in China. Stop by the club after 5:00 WEDNESDAY NIGHT to check things out. The party runs until the Mt. Gay is all gone.

420 NATIONALS
We're hosting the 420 Nationals this weekend! This is a big event with national attention. Just because those WSF/WSS/WCSC people make it look easy it doesn't mean they don't need help. Spectator sailboats, help launching, people hanging around just to help out for whatever reason. They need it! E-mail Ross Siemers at Ross.Siemers at NorthMemorial.com if you'd like to ask where you can help out. More at www.WYC.org/420   There's no keelboat racing this weekend, so what else you going to do, mow the lawn during a drought, I don't think so.

WEST LOT CLOSED THIS THURSDAY
YES, the WEST LOT is CLOSED on Thursday. Fortunately you are welcome to park in the Wayzata Bay Shopping Center lot on Thursdays. It's nicely lighted, safe, and has some great shops to visit before the race. http://www.wayzatabaycenter.com/

NIGHT CRAWLER
The Crawladore has declared next Saturday (7/28/07) as a Night Crawler. Show up at the club around 6:00 for a social and then set sail sometime around sunset. Darin Bush and Vicki Shaudte are running this event, so contact them if you have questions.

THURSDAY MENU
While the Connie's away the UofM kids will play. Seven bucks a head for hotdogs or brawts or something in a bun and the profits go support the UofM sailing team. You can even get a t-shirt, so bring a couple extra bucks if you want to look styling.

SAILING EXCHANGE STUDENT
Exchange students can be a great thing to have in your home. I received a notice from Betsy Kiefer at www.yfumn.org and she has a student who loves to sail. Contact Betsy at kiefer at yfu.org or visit their website to learn more.

See you at the 420 Nationals!