The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - June 7th, 2007

dallas dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu Jun 7 12:30:00 CDT 2007

The Weathermark at www.WYC.org - June 7th, 2007

This Issue
- Tonight - Rosekrans Property Information Meeting
- Tonight's Menu
- ADA Regatta
- Women at the Helm
- DNS-Last Call
-----------------------------

ROSEKRANS PROPERTY INFORMATIONAL MEETING
After the racing tonight, we're going to have a brief meeting at the club
regarding the WSF acquisition of the Rosekrans property west of WYC.
Everyone is invited.

Great things are happening and we're 90% of the way to getting it done. This
is going to be a great project that brings new amenities to Wayzata, better
youth programs and outreach programs for sailing, and increased space for
WYC.

Listen for the HAIL, look for the BERT, and come to the MEETING.

We also encourage you to visit www.WayzataSailing.org/WCSC to learn more
about what's happening.

TONIGHT'S MENU
I'm a big fan of $4 burgers after the race, but truth be told Connie's been
cooking up a storm for after race food. It's a deal and a half for a real
dinner and some really good food. Tonight it's Chicken Potstickers, Pork Egg
Rolls, Rice, Seafood Stirfry with Scallops, Asparagus, Peppers, and
Waterchestnuts, Pork Tenderloin with Thai Pepper Honey Glaze, and Shitake
Mushrooms Vegetable. And last but not least...Fortune Cookies.

ADA REGATTA
The regatta is this weekend and registration are ahead of last year. We're
looking at a solid 10-knts wind forecast and great weather. As always, our
commodore guarantees it. Racing in the afternoons (your mornings are free)
and you can register as late as 11:00 on Saturday. The silent auction and
live music are open to everyone on Saturday night and Sunday. See you there!
www.wyc.org/ada.htm

WOMEN @ THE HELM
The MWST Women At The Helm series of seminars in June are about to start.
Guest speakers on Tuesday nights (June 12&19th) and On-The-Water sessions on
Saturdays (June 16&23rd). And because we're all sailors, there's a party on
June 23rd. The sailing sessions are women only and I'm pretty sure guys can
sit in the back for the seminars. Everyone is invited to the party, because
otherwise it wouldn't be much of a party...
http://www.mwst.org/Upcoming_Events.html

DNS LAST CALL
This is your last solicitation to be listed as "Do Not Solicit" in the WYC
log book. If you want a DNS next to your name, or don't even want your
address/name listed, then please send a message to Accounts at wyc.org  (yes,
this will be an option on the membership form in 2008)

Tonight's forecast is calling for GUSTS TO 25.9 KNOTS (29.8mph)!!   Zip your
vest, Latch the lazarets and POP the chute!