Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - August 14, 2008

dallas johnson dallas at dallasjohnson.net
Thu Aug 14 07:18:44 CDT 2008

Weathermark e-Blaster at wyc.org - August 14, 2008

This Issue
- Championship of Champions
- Night Crawler Alert
- MC Cup at Burton Cup
- Crime Alert
- Vote for WYC

CHAMPIONSHIP OF CHAMPIONS
Wednesday Aug 20, 6:00pm at MYC
The fleet champions of WYC will once again travel to MYC to compete in the Championship of Champions regatta and will represent our club and your individual fleet. WYC sailors are encouraged to attend and cheer on our sailors. Afterwards there will be a banquet at MYC Lighthouse Islands and an awards ceremony. This is a great time to celebrate our racing community, meet some new faces, and have a great evening. Just motor over to MYC by 6:00ish, watch the Champions racing 420's, have dinner at MYC and motor home under a moonlit sky. What could be better!
www.wyc.org

NIGHT CRAWLER ALERT
This Saturday - 6:00pm or so.
Perhaps sailing all the way around the lake under a moonlit sky could be better. If so, this Saturday evening is another Night Crawler.
http://www.wyc.org/Groups/NightCrawler/tabid/515/Default.aspx

BURTON CUP - MS CUP
This year we are adding an honorary "event" on top of the traditional Burton Cup race on Saturday August 23rd called the MS Cup! You are welcome to support Blake's work for the MS Society by sponsoring your boat during the Burton Cup this year.

MS Cup 2008 web page (for info & donations):
http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?type=fr_tribute_fund&fr_id=7409&px=1950088&post_id=4896&bpg=rlist&pg=fund

You can also visit the "Team Sail" banner at the MYC Corn Roast after the race to make a donation in person.

More at Blake's personal web page:
http://www.teamsail.org

STUFF THE BALLOT BOX
If you think WYC is worthy of merit, nominate us for on of the following categories in the Navigator Annual Awards.
- Best Looking Sailboat
- Best Looking Powerboat
- Most Avid Boater
- Best Boat Name
- Best Lakeside Patio
- Best Country Club
- Best Marine Employee
- Best Overall Marine Service

Send your votes, this week, to dave at lakeguy.com  with your NAME, Email, Mailing Address, Phone.

CRIME ALERT
We had a couple break-ins in the east lot recently. We're not alone as several other Wayzata clubs and churches have been hit. Organized groups are looking for cars with nice stuff sitting out in plain view. So please, don't store fancy stuff in your cars.  WYC has added additional security to our lots because of this, but please continue to take precautions.